Ensure Maximum Continuity of Electric Service with Expanse
A recloser is an automatic, high-voltage electric switch. Like a circuit breaker, it shuts off electric power when trouble occurs. While a breaker must be manually reset, a recloser automatically determines whether the trouble has been removed. If the problem was temporary, then the recloser automatically resets itself and restores the electric power.
Expanse engineers, installs and maintains a wide range of reclosers to meet specific project needs – from small reclosers for use on single-phase power lines, to larger three-phase reclosers used in substations and on high-voltage power lines.
- Protect equipment
- Isolate the faulted section from the main part of the system
- Protect other lines in the system to keep facilities operational
- Minimize the outage area to help crews quickly locate the problem and restore power
- Can be remotely controlled through the use of SCADA
Recloser standards are defined by ANSI/IEEE C37.60.
The Expanse Advantage
- Turnkey Services
- In-Depth Understanding of Codes and Compliance
- Insight to Meet the Most Challenging System Requirements
- In-House Engineering Department
- Experienced Craftsmen
- Lifecycle Support for All Electrical System Active Parts
Expanse’s in-depth experience and knowledge of electrical systems enable our team to provide high-level insight and services to extend a facility’s operational efficiency. Our recloser services include:
- Engineering capabilities studies
- Loading and testing of relay settings
Achieve a safer, more reliable and cost-efficient power system with the convenience of Expanse’s turnkey services for a single point of contact to reduce risk, schedule and budget.